Odebrecht has been present in Venezuela since 1992, completing public and private construction projects that promote the local population’s well being and quality of life. Led by Odebrecht Venezuela, it has participated significantly in the following sectors:
- Engineering and Construction
- Real Estate
- Oil and Gas
- Food Security
In 2012, it began to explore mature onshore oil fields in the country’s Northwestern region. The operations were made possible through a joint venture between Odebrecht and the state-owned company Petróleos de Venezuela S.A. (PDVSA). Other important recent achievements included:
- Expansion of the Caracas Subway and Los Teques Subway contracts;
- Contracting of the El Chorrito real estate project;
- Conclusion of 77% of the Tocoma Hydroelectric Power Plant projects, with the start of energy generation;
- Construction of 12 km of tunnels for the Caracas Subway.
Aiming to train local professionals, Odebrecht Venezuela established partnerships with universities in the country, which began to elaborate and design courses related to the company’s actions. This relationship was strengthened starting in 2008, when the Organization once again began to increase its operations in the region by taking on new construction projects.
These and other development opportunities, such as the digital inclusion program Hit the Net, implemented at the Tocoma Hydroelectric Power Plant, boosted Members to leadership positions at Odebrecht Venezuela.
- Engenharia Industrial
- Realizações Imobiliárias
- Foz do Brasil
- Odebrecht Oil and Gas
- Estaleiro Enseada do Paraguaçu
- Defesa e Tecnologia
- Supporting Institutions